2018 BRIDGES Retreat
Incoming BRIDGES scholars have the wonderful option of attending a pre-orientation retreat weekend specifically designed for first-year, underrepresented students on academic scholarship. BRIDGES students who choose to participate in the 3-day event will be given the opportunity to move onto campus early on Friday, August 17. Throughout the weekend students will be able to participate in sessions on topics relevant to their successful transition to Pitt including interacting with various faculty members. BRIDGES mentors will facilitate activities for new students to interact with one another while getting to know the campus and the city of Pittsburgh. Highlights of the weekend are below. There is no cost to participate in this retreat weekend.
- Meet and get to know current BRIDGES students
- Get to know campus by participating in fun activities
- Discover unique resources and opportunities that can help you be successful at Pitt
- Network with faculty
- Enjoy a tour of downtown Pittsburgh and all the city has to offer
Friday, August 17
- Move in and get settled into your residence hall
- Meet the BRIDGES Mentors and staff
- Attend a dinner with your family to kick-off the weekend
Saturday, August 18
- Learn about resources that can help you be successful at Pitt
- Network with faculty and learn the keys to success in the classroom
- Participate in fun activities with other incoming BRIDGES students
Sunday, August 19
- Meet up with new friends
- Explore downtown Pittsburgh
- Stay over for a laidback, all-night event
You must be an eligible BRIDGES scholar to participate. If you have any questions about your eligibility please contact BRIDGES at 412-648-1743 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for the retreat does not register you for the program, so be sure to register for the BRIDGES program by clicking here!
The BRIDGES retreat is just one of several retreats happening on campus during this weekend. Check out the other retreats that students may attend. Since retreats occur simultaneously, you can only attend one retreat.