Study Lab will continue to offer tutoring, academic coaching and online workshops throughout the fall 2020 term. All services will be available virtually! Learn more.
Study with a Group. Study Where You Are.
Mobile Study Lab brings Study Lab to you. We offer:
Study Lab Drop-In Sessions
Evening tutoring hours are reserved for students to schedule same day, 30-minute appointments with a tutor. These shorter sessions, that cannot be scheduled more than 24 hours in advance, are meant to be available if you don't think you need a full hour-long session or should you have a quick question as you are working through homework or studying for an exam. To schedule a same day "drop-in" appointment you should schedule through the Navigate app and choose the "Study Lab Drop-in" location. You will be able to see the available times for the subject(s) you need help with and choose the option that best fits your schedule.
HOURS: Sunday-Wednesday, 6-9 p.m.
Remote Tutoring: How to Connect with your Tutor
When you schedule a tutoring appointment, a link to your tutor's "virtual classroom" will be included in your confirmation email from Pathways. You will also receive a reminder email with the link included closer to the start time of your appointment. Please lookout for these emails so you can connect with your tutor at your scheduled time. You do not need to download any software or register to use this service. The online tutoring platform does work best when using the Google Chrome browser. Within the online platform you can share files, screens and whiteboards. Have any documents or files you would like to share ready at the start of your appointment with your tutor. For a demonstration on how the tutoring platform works, you can check out this video (start at 1:45 as the schedulng function does not apply to our services).
How does it work?
- Check out the complete list of courses for which peer tutoring is available.
- You can schedule a tutoring session online by using the Navigate Student App. You can also schedule by using the chat feature on this site or calling 412-648-7920 during our normal business hours, Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5pm.
- You will receive a link to your tutor's virtual classroom in your appointment confirmation and reminder from Pathways. Click the link at the time of your scheduled appointment and your tutor will let you into the classroom when ready.
How to make the most of your online tutoring session
- Make sure you note the day and time of your tutoring appointment. All tutoring appointments scheduled in Pathways are in EST, if you are located in a different time zone please note the difference!
- Be ready early so you don’t waste time with your tutor on set-up or technical issues. The tutoring platform works best on Google Chrome. Make sure you allow your internet browser to access your microphone and camera. If you have technical issues you may find some helpful tips here.
- Focus! Turn off interruptions, log out of other sites/apps that might distract you while working with your tutor.
- Find a quiet location to work with your tutor so you can hear each other clearly.
- Provide as much information to your tutor as possible. You can share files in the online tutoring platform so you can both be looking at the same material. Have those files ready before your session if you would like to reference them with your tutor.
- If something isn’t making sense, directly ask your tutor for clarification or to go through an example. Ask questions!