2017 BRIDGES Retreat
Incoming BRIDGES scholars have the wonderful option of attending a pre-orientation retreat weekend specifically designed for first-year, underrepresented students on academic scholarship. BRIDGES students who choose to participate in the 3 day event will be given the opportunity to move onto campus early on Saturday, August 19. Throughout the weekend students will be able to participate in sessions on topics relevant to their successful transition to Pitt including interacting with various faculty members. BRIDGES mentors will facilitate activities for new students to interact with one another while getting to know the campus and the city of Pittsburgh. Highlights of the weekend are below. There is no cost to participate in this retreat weekend.
- Meet and get to know current BRIDGES students
- Get to know campus by participating in fun activities
- Discover unique resources and opportunities that can help you be successful at Pitt
- Network with faculty
- Enjoy a tour of downtown Pittsburgh and all the city has to offer
Registration for the August 2017 Retreat is now closed. If you are still interested in participating and would like to add your name to the wait list please email us at email@example.com.
Saturday, August 19
- Move in and get settled into your residence hall
- Meet the BRIDGES Mentors and staff
- Attend a family barbecue to kick-off the weekend
Sunday, August 20
- Learn about resources that can help you be successful at Pitt
- Participate in fun activities with other incoming BRIDGES students
- Explore downtwon Pittsburgh
- Stay over for a laidback, all-night event
Monday, August 21
- Meet up with new friends
- Network with faculty at the faculty luncheon
- Learn the keys to success in the classroom
You must be an eligible BRIDGES scholar to participate so please register for the BRIDGES program first by clicking here. If you have any questions about your eligibility please contact BRIDGES at 412-648-7920 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BRIDGES retreat is just one of several retreats happening on campus during this weekend. Check out the other retreats that students may attend. Since retreats occur simultaneously, you can only attend one retreat.